At our recent 50th anniversary celebrations – thanks to all those who joined us, it was great to share so many wonderful memories – we offically launched our Raise the Roof campaign to improve the Pump House for the next 50 years.
Our theatre roof is past its sell by date and if you’ve ever performed in our theatre then you’ll know that our backstage is functional but could be better.
We’ve unveiled exciting plans to literally raise the theatre roof and enhance our facilities. Improvements will include:
- a watertight, insulated roof and raised height space, saving a lot of energy use, providing a better performance space and more comfortable auditorium
- additional seats in a new balcony area
- significantly bigger dressing rooms that will support larger productions and remove the current need for large cast performers to walk outside to additional dressing room space during performances
- new, multi purpose art and rehearsal studio space with natural light sources
- provide disabled access and facilities to performers as current back stage area is not disabled access friendly
- Retain and make a feature of the historic rear wall. We will also be adding a permanent exhibition of the history of the Pump House building
- additional performer support facilities for the Colne River Room space.