The Pump House is funded through its users, bar revenues, donations and sponsorship. We currently receive minimal direct funding or grants so rely on the generosity of our supporters and volunteers to keep our doors open.
Raise the Roof Campaign
For the Pump House to be able to continue for the next 50 years we urgently need a new roof. That’s why we’ve launched our Raise the Roof campaign – we need to secure £750,000 to replace our failing roof and make other improvements.
We want to build a new watertight, insulated roof with raised height space. This will save a lot of energy, provide a better performance space and more comfortable auditorium.
If we don’t raise the money, the future of our fantastic venue could be in doubt. So please give your support today and DONATE now.
Other improvements we plan to make as part of the new development include:
- additional seats in a new balcony area
- significantly bigger dressing rooms that will support larger productions and remove the current need for large cast performers to walk outside to additional dressing room space during performances
- new, multi purpose art and rehearsal studio space with natural light sources
- providing disabled access and facilities to performers as current back stage area is not disabled access friendly
- retaining and making a feature of the historic rear wall. We will also be adding a permanent exhibition of the history of the Pump House building
- additional performer support facilities for the Colne River Room space.
The artist’s impression below gives you some idea of how the new extension would look.